Only pre-authorized and cleared personnel, students, and visitors have access to the Arts Building at this time.
Protocols for essential business on campus
PRELIMINARY ACTIONS (one time only)
Prerequisites to complete days before going to campus:
- Complete the online COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Presentation.
- Complete the online training course, COVID-19 Returning to Work Training (required by Cal/OSHA and the CA Department of Public Health).
- Read the Revised campus guidelines for COVID-19 memo (updated 8/10/2021)
- WSSP UPDATE: If you do not already have one on file with Juliana Bruno, access the revised Worksite Specific Safety Plan (WSSP) form and read, sign, and return by email to her (email@example.com). This will document that all prerequisites and training have been completed. If you have already completed a WSSP, you do not need to submit the revised version.
- Upload your COVID-19 vaccination information
- Those who receive vaccinations through UCSB Student Health do not have to upload their vaccination information.
- UCSB faculty, staff, and students who obtain their COVID-19 vaccines outside of Student Health should submit their COVID-19 vaccination information online through the “Medical Clearances” section of the Student Health Patient Portal. (Click here for instructions [PDF]).
- A Vaccination Medical Exemption Form [PDF] can be submitted by email or fax to (805) 893-2758. See Exemption Requests for Required Immunizations for more information.
ACTIONS DAY OF CAMPUS VISIT
Right before going to campus:
- Faculty, students & staff complete the daily COVID-19 Symptom Screening survey by clicking on the Complete Survey button (other visitors use this screening survey). Save the email that you receive with your green badge.
- If you make a mistake and need to retake the survey, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While on campus:
- Masks: Mask requirements differ depending on whether you have been vaccinated.
- All faculty and staff members, students and visitors to campus, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear face masks in all shared indoor campus spaces. More information: COVID-19 Update: Masking Required Indoors on Campus.
- If on campus and you need a mask, visit a Ask Me kiosk for a free mask.
- For additional information about obtaining Surgical Masks – Face coverings, see the Environmental Health & Safety Face Covering Distribution memo (09/16/2021)
- Testing: UCSB Testing Resources
- Individuals with COVID-19 symptoms, or who believe they have been exposed to the virus, should contact their healthcare providers for symptomatic testing.
- Testing also is available on campus for current students, faculty, and staff who show mild symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the virus. Make appointments through the Student Health Patient Portal.
- More information about the testing, including details about the specific COVID-19 tests offered on campus, can be found on UCSB Student Health’s Testing page.
* Protocols last updated September 15, 2021; please remember that this process may change slightly as conditions change. *